Fix Windows Printer Error 0x0000011b
Fix windows printer error 0x0000011b
Printing is one of the easiest and simplest tasks which anyone can do. Whether it windows 10 or windows 11, the print command has become a lot easier in today’s world. But an error can disappoint you, and can stop you to do a simple print work. Yes! There is an error with name 0x0000011b. Due to this error, you might face a problem while connecting your device to the printer.
Read Also : Fix Windows 11 Error 0x800f0922
The error strikes with this pop-up message!
What causes this error?
The error 0x0000011b has mainly observed when the connections are small such as in home or offices. When the error strikes, an immediate assumption should be made that the error has not just arrived on your system but also to the other system that is the client computer where the access for the printer is asked and second is the server computer where the printer is installed.
On the client computer, the error mainly occurs due to some update issues. When the observations are made, it was found that the computers which perform updates to patch printer vulnerabilities are facing this kind of error frequently. On the other hand, at the host computer the error might be faced due to some registry values and print spooler problem.
Let’s look at the solution for the problem!
Here are some steps which need to be followed on the both, the client computer, and the host computer to get rid of the error 0x0000011b. Follow the steps given below:
- Steps to be followed on the client computer
Let’s see how the error arrives.
- On the client computer, open the network page. Double click on the printer given below in that window to connect with the printer.
- After clicking two times, you fill face this error:
Simple and Best Solution.
Steps on the host computer.
Here the printer is installed thus the steps are important.
- In the taskbar search box write ‘registry’ and then click on ‘Registry Editor’ option which come as search results.
- A Registry Editor window will open, in that window navigate to ‘Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print’, then right click in the blank space and choose ‘DWORD (32-bit) Value’ option under the ‘New’ sub-menu.
- There you have to rename the DWORD value as ‘RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled’ and then click on the ‘Enter’ key to confirm.
- A new DWORD value has been created now right click on it. After that choose ‘Modify’ appears at the top from the options.
- An edit window will open. There you have to make sure that the Value data is set to ‘0’ and if yes then click on the ‘OK’ button. After these steps close the Registry editor.
- Open the taskbar search box and search for services. Click on the top result which is Services.
- Now, from the list of Services, find ‘Print Spooler’ and right click on it service and choose ‘Restart’ from the menu.
- Let’s wait for the Print Spooler service to restart. In the end, close the Services window.
In the end, restart the computer. Let’s move to the next instructions on the Client computer.
- Steps you need to perform on the client Computer!
Here, the computer which will be using the printer will be manipulated with the steps.
- In the taskbar search box ‘control panel’ and open it by clicking on it.
- A Control Panel window will open, click on the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- A window will open for Programs and Features, click on the “View installed updates”.
- In the list of installed Windows Updates, choose the Windows update which was recently installed and click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- A window will open. Click on the yes button.
- Update process will start. Wait for it.
- After the completion of update, click on restart now button.
- After the computer restarts successfully, go to the Network page and double click on the printer link to connect with the printer.
- Now, wait for the printer installation to complete on the client computer.
- The problem is fixed if you see this window.
Read More Related Articles: